Wed, June 17 – Venice > Florence
- Hard time waking up. Vaporetti to Rialto market. Coffee, cichetti and wine for breakfast.
- Explore that neighborhood, back to hotel to pack.
- Vaporetti to train station, train to Florence.
- Taxi to hotel – nap.
- Out for dinner – walked out of first place because they sat me in the basement. (Yellow Bar). Then I went to a restaurant called Marione that had good food, stale bread and a bitchy waitress. Gelato for dessert, then back to hotel.
Thurs, June 18 – Florence
- Quick breakfast & coffee in hotel
- Accademia museum to see David and musical instruments
- Stop for coffee and croissant (twice)
- Walk to scooter rental place, rent for 24 hours
- Ride to Oltrarno. Rest outside Palazzo Pitti. Drive up hill to Michaelangelo Piazza for amazing view of the city from above.
- Ride further up the hill to the medieval chuch of San miniato al monte.
- Ride to I Tarocchi, a pizza place for lunch (salad and pizza with eggplant) – fantastic.
- Ride to Mercato Centrale. Get lost a few times. Lose map from open pocket of messenger bag!
- Ride to hotel, getting lost a few times. Buy a new map, gelato and water.
- Back to hotel to rest and watch Hell’s Kitchen on the laptop.
- Out to dinner at Coco Lezzone, which was great, although a little overpriced. I had rigatoni with meat sauce and veal scallopini with tomato sauce.
- Out for gelato (2 places!), walk around and take some pictures (walked around the Duomo), then back to hotel.