Here’s an overview of what I did today:Tues, June 16 – Venice
- Breakfast on rooftop terrace
- Walking tour with Alberto: Doge’s Palace, Basilica.
- Visit other hotel.
- Lunch at sandwich shop near hotel.
- I go out to explore on own from 1:20 – 5:20. Vaporetti to near train station. Wander through non-touristy neighborhood. Stop for gelato, coffees, water. Walk through Friary church with Rick Steves audio guide (excellent!). Walk back to hotel.
- Meet with Dad in lobby – arrange train ticket for tomorrow. Say goodbye to Alberto.
- Room to rest. Out to dinner (meatballs, penne al arrabiata)
- Out on boat and walking – taking pics – then to hotel
- Rialto Market
- Chiccetti Bars
- Look for camera store to replace lost lens cap
- Back to hotel to pack
- 3:45 PM train to Florence – check into Hotel Axial
- Dinner in Florence