Today was a good day. I’ve pretty much adjusted to the time difference, and we saw a lot today. I even had some time to go off by myself. We also had two amazing meals.Here’s the overview… Sun, June 14 – Rome
- Coffee in hotel restaurant
- Walking tour: Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Colusseum, Roman Forum, back to hotel to rest.
- Lunch at Tre Scalini in Piazza Navona (caprese salad, grilled vegetables and penne arrabiata)
- Return to hotel. Head out on own to return to Colosseum… walk to Metro.
- Tour Colosseum, then lemon gelato. Look for taxi – get yelled at by crazy Italian man.
- Taxi to hotel, out to dinner.
- Drinks in hotel bar (vodka tonic)
- Dinner at La Fattoria (pizzas, bruschetta, spaghetti with tomato sauce and basil, veal scallopini, berries with fruit, tiramisu)
- Drink in hotel bar (limoncello)